Saturday, April 26, 2014

Practice till Your Hand Bleeds

To begin, I want to say happy birthday to Mr. Riot! Hope it was rockin (hey, I'm tired I'm allowed to use weird language) and have to be honest and say that I didn't know you were 24 (I thought you were older-but hey that's a compliment right?)

Shenanigans commencing! Let me give you a view into a time I spent with the band on a practice day. Personally, whenever I figure out that while spending time with Eli I get to see the band practice my heart drums out a happy beat. I love being able to hear their music, the house practically jumps to the beat. The beat of Slain's drums, Riot's voice screaming out terror, and Tommie's and Eli's guitars killing that rift makes a girl very happy. So in the words of the weird hamster from the movie Bolt, LET IT BEGIN!

So first off the setting. It's the high desert, near a city called Victorville. The weather is a mixture between cool/warm which to me is very pleasant. The house at this point is surprisingly quiet (music wise) but the voices carry outside. Eli and I walk up, knock twice and walk in. The amps, guitars, drums, and mic are all set up and everyone is jabbing on about something. It's nice to see them. Tommie's hair is different, but she rocks it. Now that Eli is here, they can practice. So I skip to the back corner where a pool table is hidden and listen to them for a while before I'm pulled outside to talk with Drei. A simple convo turns into a grab for the nerf guns. Except it's not funny for me because I become an immediate target. Thank you Drei! Eli joins in shooting at me, but I soon escape to grab a cat. Well I don't get to have any free time to stroke the kitty because Drei grabs me and uses me as a human hostage against Eli. And guess what, Eli doesn't even try to save me, he just simply shoots at Drei sometimes hitting me. Yeah so much fun. The poor cat is digging its claws into me, but I can't let him go because Drei has such a big grip on me. I hate being a hostage, not disclaiming the fun, but I don't like the idea of being looked like as a damsel in distress, yeah totally not me! Finally I am able to slip away from Drei and I let go of the cat. I grab the nearest nerf gun and start shooting Drei point blank, also a few below the belt shots for Eli - thank the heavens that they are foam bullets because my aim was right on! Eli leaves to write and I find myself playing pool. I am in the lead by the way, Drei has only beaten me once. I look over Slain's drums to see Tommie and Eli writing and showing off what they have already gotten. I smile at their tenacity to create such sick music. It's amazing. Their new stuff is so fricken sick! You all are going to slam and headbang all night long, trust me on this. Sadly, that time comes when I have to disappear so a good bye is said and Eli leads me back to the car. We will be back, and those times I am so excited for.

Yeah, fave memories right there. Oh by the way, if you've noticed I sign off with Eli Crypt's girlfriend, but I have finally taken my own name. So I reintroduce myself as Talon. The name has a mysterious backstory that I would save for another time.

Signing off - Muah
Talon

1 comment:

  1. Hey Talon, I have a suggestion. You should change your name on your google plus thing to Talon, it'd be cool.

    -Tommie

    ReplyDelete